At Firestone Building Products, you can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, we provide focused solutions for roofing systems, wall systems and specialty products based on the specific results our customers need to achieve. Constantly looking at the big picture, we not only deliver exceptionally performing building materials, but also the outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise – all backed by a brand you can trust.
Backed by the strength of a diversified multibillion-dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. And, with locations throughout North America, we are always looking for qualified candidates.
Firestone Building Products in Bristol, CT is looking to fill a production B-Operator position on night shift. The B Operator works the unwinder of facer rolls at the beginning of ISO board production process. This process works 1st shift Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
* This position is responsible for facer roll prep at the beginning of production line, for a continuous cycle production.
* The B Operator works closely with A Operator preparing and maintaining the production startups and shutdowns.
* As a part of the production department this position is responsible for achieving safety, quality and production goals, in a manufacturing environment working continuous improvement.
* Responsibilities include: Safety, quality, continuous improvement and housekeeping.
Details include but are not limited to :
* Focus on safety, quality, 5S and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
* Remove and replace facer rolls from the lifts.
* Create splices in the facer rolls for continuous feeding the line.
* Removing and adding head to the pour table for setup and tear down.
* Using hand tools to remove ISO from tools.
* Lock-out Tag-out for specific machinery.
* High School diploma.
* Must be able to work overtime as needed.
* Willing to cross-train and rotate to other positions as needed.
* Must have good attention to detail.
* Must have a good attendance record.
* Must have a strong safety record.
* Work in changing temperature environment (hot or cold).
* Able to work with PPE requirements.
* Able to lift 50 lbs.
* Able to walk, stand or sit for long periods of time.