Success in designing and manufacturing air springs to cushion the ride of vehicles that support the world's transportation infrastructure has fueled FSIP's growth from a single plant in 1936 to becoming the world's number one air spring manufacturer with employees throughout the world, the Company's US headquarters is located in Nashville, TN.
The Supervisor is responsible to coach, lead, advise, instruct and assist assigned teammates in the daily operation of production to meet metric goals that drives financial success. They will ensure that resources (human, equipment, supplies) are available to limit downtime production demands and goals, while communicating with the scheduling department for priority orders.
The Supervisor will create an environment for delivering results, meeting internal and external customer's expectations and maintaining positive teammate relations during day-to-day operation, while supporting the Bridgestone/Firestone culture initiatives Rules of the Road and Bridgestone Essence.
1. Ensure work instructions are being followed and all teammates are trained to the standards and following them.
2. Ensure Safety procedures are being followed and that teammates are maintaining a safe and clean work area according to the 5S standards.
3. Coach teammates to ensure required production efficiency and quality are being met. Monitor output of teams and individual teammates to predetermined ticket goal and manage teammate's time (breaks/lunches).
4. Work with immediate department manager, plant engineering, plant safety, human resources, etc. to help ensure safety and environmental compliance.
5. Audit processes to ensure housekeeping/safety, quality, and production expectations are being met and maintained. Perform daily Gemba walks and daily metals audits.
6. Help with inventory control on produced inventory, components, bellows, etc. Perform at least 2 cycle counts of all crimping staging areas per shift.
7. Ensure effective communication between management, other supervisors, team leaders and teammates. Share teammate accomplishments and ideas to improve processes. Help maintain a Premier Place to Work.
8. Maintain adequate records (attendance, time off) to ensure teammates are paid correctly.
9. Work closely with HR on interpreting company policies and procedures for teammates to ensure consistency. Distribute Write-ups as necessary.
10. Exemplify the highest level and lead through demonstrating the Rules of the Road behavioral norms.
11. Control waste and scrap to meet at or under budget requirements. Act as a facilitator in motivating teams and their cohesive results.
4 years of production or management experience